Friday, March 20, 2015

An Introduction

Last semester I had the amazing opportunity to study abroad for four month in Paris. It's cliché but this been a dream of mine since I first saw a picture of the Eiffel Tower as a six year old learning greeting and colors in a kindergarten French lesson. That six year old stuck with French classes until she decided to minor in it and then later declare it as her second major, knowing that trying to master the language would only help her accomplish her dream of living in Paris. Not that I would consider myself fluent...

Thanks to the support of my parents, my advisers and my friends I pushed through my anxiety about leaving on another continent and went for it. I found a roommate, another Marquette student who became my lifeline in Paris, registered for classes and attempted to fit four months of outfits into a 50 pound suitcase. Not an easy task.

I'd always heard from other study abroad students that it was one of the best decisions they ever made and after having experienced it, I couldn't agree more. Escaping the college bubble and my Milwaukee comfort zone helped me grow into a more confident and adventurous person along with making me more culturally aware. Here's more information about why student should study abroad during college: http://www.vistawide.com/studyabroad/why_study_abroad.htm

After having such an amazing experience, rejoining the Marquette community and the college grind was anything but easy. I'll be continuing to post about my transition back to reality and my memories from abroad so stay tuned! Thanks for reading!

Also, enjoy this Buzzfeed post which includes an amazing video of Paris:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/briantron/paris-is-love#.ryKlOBoOn

http://weirdnews24.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/stunning-paris-time-lapse-will-blow-your-mind-video.png

1 comment:

  1. Sounds amazing! What was your favorite part?

    ReplyDelete